Monday 5 April 2010

Review - Clash of the Titans

IMDB, Wikipedia, Score: 2.5/5




Remake of the 1981 film by the same name (IMDB, Wikipedia). I went and watched the non-3D version with my two oldest friends. We decided on the non-3d version due to not reading anything good about the 3D.

In regards to the film itself, while it did not bore me, it also did not excite me. There were several times where it felt like the excitement was building, but it didn't quite get there for me. I thought the special effects were quite well done (that's what the additional .5 is for in my score).

In regards to the actors, none of them seemed to try and speak in a common accent so you ended up with a mix of Australian, several types of British and US accents. Out of the actors, Liam Neeson (Zeus) and Ralph Fiennes (Hades) were the best performances.

Biggest disappointment - The Kraken with all it's flailing tentacles was not Cthulhu.

Now to go and track down the original version to see how it holds up both to this film and my childhood memories.



Note: I'm going to attempt to write some movie reviews leading up to MIFF to try out different layouts/formats to see which one I like the best and I find allows for a quick write up. Feedback on the layout/style etc are welcome

Also I've been messing about with the template/layout of the blog itself, so adjustments may still be required. As of writing I still haven't gotten the heading right.

2 comments:

Domenic Iannello said...

I downloaded the original already, if you want it dude.

P.S: I agree with your review 100%.
P.P.S: I think the film would've received an extra 0.5 point if they had said, "Welease the Kwaken!!!"

fantomas said...

As in you got it from netflix or bigpond or somewhere like that? I'm sure you would not be silly enough to admit to pirated a film on a public place.

Post a Comment