Sunday 31 July 2011

MIFF 2011 Day Seven

Last night I had gone to bed at 10:30pm, the earliest night in a long time, to try and catch up on some sleep for the film festival. I’d just gotten hold of a copy of Jim Butcher’s latest Dresden Files novel – Ghost Story & thought being how tired I felt, I’d read for 10 or so mins and likely start nodding off. It got to 1:30am in the morning and I forced myself to put the book down & get some sleep.

Worst film of the day – Oki’s Movie. A group of short stories featuring the same set of characters – students and teachers studying film making. Did not find the characters or stories particularly interesting

Best film of the day – Submarine. The coming of age comedy story of a neurotic teenager set during the 80’s. While not as laugh out loud funny as The Guard I did have a smile on my face for the majority of the film.

Directed and written by Richard Ayoade, who some may recognise as the actor who plays Maurice Moss (he with the boofy hair and black rimmed glasses) in the very funny The IT Crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment